Tuesday 9 July 2013

Jackdaws in the Garden.

Isn't it strange how bird populations fluctuate.  Sadly many are on the decrease but others, happily, are increasing such as buzzards in Lincolnshire.  We never used to see them in the county but now they are a regular sight wheeling above our countryside and even in town; I saw one last year soaring over Grimsby college.  I wonder how long it will be before we have red kites breeding in the county.  As I was processing photographs yesterday, I could hear the raucous, joyful chatter of jackdaws through the open window of my study.  This is a recent addition to our local bird population in Scartho and takes me back to my childhood in Woodhall Spa when we had jackdaws in the garden there.

Buzzard taken in Ravendale Valley, Lincolnshire Wolds.

Chimney pot Jackdaw, Fulstow, Lincolnshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment