Thursday 25 July 2013

Sunset and High Tide at Humberston Fitties.

After  a day of jobs around the house and a day at work for Thomas, we were keen to get out to take some photographs so we gathered the gear and headed for Cleethorpes, eventually deciding on The Fitties.  There was very little wind and conditions were near perfect.  We arrived almost bang on high tide and at one point I had to move my bag to avoid the incoming water.  When I looked again a few minutes later it had already retreated by a few feet.  I had hoped for some bird sightings but apart from the black headed gulls on the lagoon and a few linnets, there was virtually no activity.  The sunset was excellent though and me made some pleasing images.  It was interesting to see, yet again, at this time of year that the lagoon was very dry.  I am never sure whether this is down to evaporation or has some tidal cause, but even in last couple of very wet years when the water table must have been high, the lagoon still dried out.




No comments:

Post a Comment