Thursday 23 January 2014

Cycling in the Wolds.

The weather forecast didn't bode well for today's bike ride in the Lincolnshire Wolds.  As promised it began to rain heavily at 9.00 am and didn't look good, but true to the forecast it began to clear as I set out to meet Brian at 11.00 am.  As the rain cleared, however, the temperature dropped and the wind increased.  Once on top of the Wolds it was both cold and hard work biking into the strengthening nagging westerly wind.  The return journey was much easier with the wind behind, although showers chased me all the way home.  I was good to see snowdrops in flower at all of the usual places on this circuit and I was well pleased to spot a large flock of fieldfares as I don't seem to have seen many this winter so far.  Another good day.
Snowdrops
Snowdrops
Chased home by showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment