Tuesday 29 April 2014

A Day with Bluebells.

Today began dull and grey, looked as though it was going to brighten and then turned even more dull and grey.  I began the day with some fun photography in the garden.  Our Bramley is a mass of blossom, despite a heavy prune earlier this Spring, and it looks wonderful.  Deciding it was too good an opportunity to miss I cut a spray and took some snaps.  The bonus with photographing plants like this is that the garden can be used like a studio: background chosen the right distance away to be out of focus and the plant placed in the best light.  I also had a play with a paperweight with an azalea behind it.  Later, thinking that the weather was picking up a bit, I made a dash for a couple of local bluebell woods.  First a Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust reserve: Rigsby Wood near Alford which is supposed to be a bit of a showpiece for blue bells.  I always find it disappointing, however, and hedging my bets called in at Beesby woods on the way home.  Here there was a superb display and I was delighted to find the badger set very definitely active.  A great treat, as I thought that it had been stopped up.  Before leaving Rigsby, though, I took a picture of the cowslips which were in good condition.

To view large, click on an image.







No comments:

Post a Comment