Monday 19 May 2014

Success with Broad Bodied Chaser.

Having just returned from the C2C bike tour on Saturday it was time for some sorting out and catching up with jobs, but today I managed to escape to local Buck Beck Ponds for an hour to check on the dragonflies. I knew that broad bodied chasers had emerged so I was keen to see what was happening here.  The weather was bright, sunny and warm as I arrived so I was full of anticipation.  I was well rewarded as there was a freshly emerged adult on the wing and I managed to capture some pleasing images of it.  I think that it may be a brand, spanking new male that still has to adopt it's beautiful blue colour so I shall return in a week or so to see if it has changed.  Other sightings included orange tip, green veined white, common blue, speckled wood, brimstone and peacock butterflies with common blue and azure damselflies.  A black cap was in full song and there was a superb display of ragged robin.

To view large, please click on an image.
Azure damselfly
Azure damselfly
Azure damselfly
Broad bodied chaser.
Broad bodied chaser.
Broad bodied chaser.
Orange tip
Orange tip
Orange tip
Ragged Robin
Ragged Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment