Friday 9 January 2015

A Morning on the Coast

As the forecast was for sun this morning, I planned to pop down to the coast to try for the snow buntings that had been at Cleethorpes since before Christmas.  I nearly decided not to go as the promised clear skies didn't materialise.  I was pleased I did as, for a few hours the clouds cleared to provide lovely winter light.  I found a small flock of snow buntings as soon as I arrived but only managed one mediocre shot before they flew up to the other end of the dunes never to be found again.  All was not lost, however as there was plenty of other bird life about to occupy me.  I found a small flock of sanderling on the tideline that were much more cooperative and some brent geese allowed a reasonbly close approach.  I moved from here down to the Fitties where I managed to photograph redshank, turnstone and dunlin.  An excellent morning.

To view large, please click on an image.
Brent Geese
Brent Geese
Dunlin
Redshank
Redshank
Sanderling
Sanderling
Sanderling
Sanderling
Snow Bunting
Turnstone
Turnstone

No comments:

Post a Comment