Tuesday 7 April 2015

Out and About in the Wolds

As I am planning to watch and, hopefully, photograph the badgers in Badger City, I wanted to get out and prepare the ground by baiting with peanuts.  Gathering my camera gear and pack-up I set off into the Wolds arriving on site about midday.  It didn't take me long to reach the set and put out the nuts.  There was plenty of evidence of activity with newly excavated soil and even one hole dug out in the winter barley.  Fingers crossed.

My next port of call was Scallows to see how Spring was progressing here.  Trees were bursting into leaf and the two setts here also seem to be active.  Carpets of violets have replaced the snowdrops and aconites and a woodpecker was drumming loudly.  I also found a few good crops of oyster mushrooms growing on dead trees.

Wanting some cowslip pictures I headed off to nearby Great Tows where I was told there was quite a field full.  My information was correct and I secured some pleasing images.

To view large, please click on an image.
Lesser Celendine
Cowslip
Horse Chestnut
Man at Work
Oyster Mushroom
Oyster Mushroom
Pheasant
Pheasant displaying
Pots
Sycamore
Wood in early Spring
Tree Roots
Tree Roots
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment