Wednesday 13 April 2016

The First Swallow of the Year

I made a quick visit to The Fitties  and Tetney Marsh this afternoon to see if there were any whitethroats had arrived yet.  All was quiet and there were none to be seen.  Looking back to last year, though I notice that I photographed my first one on 3rd May so they should be here in another week or two.  There were a few meadow pipits about though and a flock of redshank were resting on the ponds and their constant anxious calls could be heard.  The occasional courlie of a curlew also carried across the marsh.  There were a couple of peacock butterflies about as well as several little egrets.  I spotted my first swallow of the summer flying low over the marsh.  Although things were quiet it was good to be out.

To view large, please click on an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment